I have wedding planning on my mind and rather than booking the photographer or band, creating this bar sign seemed far more important #priorities. I am so excited to share more of my wedding DIY ideas with you over the next year. There are so many great ways to decorate on a budget in order to save for the more important things on your special day.
Tree stump slice
- I got mine from HomeGoods, but Target has this one.
Liquid chalk pen
Black chalk paint
Printout of your lettering/phrase
- Use your sponge brush and chalk paint to outline the circle on the wood slice. Fill in with even strokes.
- Repeat Step 1 two more times. I allowed each layer of paint to dry for approximately 10-15 minutes.
- Turn your printout over and cover the back of the paper with chalk.
- Position your printout on the chalkboard as desired and tape it down.
- Using your pencil, trace around each letter.
- Remove the printout. You should be left with a faint outline of your lettering/phrase.
- Use your liquid chalk pen to trace over the outline.
- Use dry Q-tips to rub off all excess chalk. Don't worry about rubbing it over the liquid chalk lettering, as it won't smudge. Only water will remove the liquid chalk.