Who ever thought desk organization could look this cute? This DIY is super simple and is a creative way to re-purpose your old mason jars. Whether you fill the jars with loose change or candy for a party favor, the animal lid toppers are surely going to create a stir, as in DIY envy.
- E600 Permanent Craft Adhesive
- Mason Jars - I used the Ball Collection half pint
- If I were to do this all over again, I would have separately bought flat jar lids to cut out the first two steps below.
- Small animal figurines - I used animals from the Safari LTD Toobs (Wild)
- Rust-Oleum Metallic Gold Spray Paint
- Krylon Crystal Clear Spray Paint
- Apply adhesive to the inside of the canning band and press the lid down firmly.
- Allow the lid to fully dry for about 10 minutes.
- Apply adhesive to the feet of the plastic animals and secure them to the center of the lid.
- Allow the lids to dry for another 10 minutes.
- Pick a ventilated area and spray your jar toppers. I did about 3 or so coats with about 10-15 minutes in between. Once you have the coverage you desire, spray the top with the Krylon Crystal Clear paint in order to protect the paint from chipping. Tip: Make sure to spray from a bottom angle so that you can fully cover the underbelly of the animals.
- That's it! You now have made the cutest desk accessories in your office. Your coworkers will want you to make them one too!