With Valentine's Day just around the corner, I thought it was only appropriate to share some super easy DIY ideas for your Valentine's (Galentine's) festivities. Think pink and creatively: red velvet push pops, heart-shaped watermelon snacks, homemade flower arrangements, pink lemonade, cosmos, ring pops. The list could go on, and on, and on.
The M&M Showstopper
When it comes to flowers, I think that the arrangements sold online are too expensive on Valentine's Day. You can make your own beautiful arrangements by going local or visiting your neighborhood grocery store.
- Two bags of Valentine's Day M&Ms
- Flowers of your choice
- Two clear vases (make sure the smaller one is cylinder and fits inside your larger vase)
- Place the small cylinder vase in the larger vase.
- Cut the corners of the M&M bags and begin to fill around the small vase.
- Once the vase is filled to your liking, use a separate cup to fill the small vase with water.
Crazy for Watermelon
What screams pink more than watermelon? This is probably the easiest party food I have ever made, and, to top it off, it is adorable and cheap.
- Watermelon slices
- Cutting board
- Heart-shaped cookie cutter
The Push Pop
Growing up, I was obsessed with the Flintstone push up pops. When I stumbled across these heart-shaped push pop containers, I died. They are amazing! You can fill them with anything, from ice cream to daiquiri mix. Naturally, it seemed fitting to fill them with red velvet cake.
- Red velvet cake
- Cream cheese frosting
- Push pop containers
- Large Ziploc bag
- Bake your red velvet cake.
- Fill the push pop container about halfway with cake and use the heart plunger included in the package to compress the cake. Repeat this step until you have about half an inch of container space remaining.
- Fill your large Ziploc bag with cream cheese frosting and cut one of the bottom corners (I didn't have an icing kit so I had to improvise).
- Frost your push pops.